The TD Coating Centre is all about getting the highest performance out of your tooling, machine parts or other components.
Starting in 2000 with just our Thermal Diffusion coating, the number of top-class wear and corrosion resistant coatings we offer to the market has grown in order to optimise parts to outperform and outlast.
Our manufacturing division specialises in the supply of precision-ground (not only machined) tooling and parts from steels, tool steels or carbide, combining the essential ingredients of correct base material, heat treatment, surface finish and surface engineering for the best performance possible. We are a one-stop solution for ultimate performance!
In order to find out how we can best assist you, please find our details here.
For the latest info, click on the latest news button (*Updated 1/05/2020*).
We currently apply the following coatings, surface treatments and services.
TD Coating – The Heavy-Duty Toyota Diffusion VC coating. The standard for the highest performance, wear resistant standard surface coating
- CrN – tough, smooth coating with excellent adhesion, used in metalforming tools and injection moulding parts
- TiN – durable, high hardness, used on metalforming dies and injection moulding parts
- TiAlN – very hard, tough with dry running ability
- TiAlCN – aka “Variantic”, a low friction, high hardness, good oxidation resistant, versatile coating
- AlCrN – a extremely hard, tough coating, also used for hot forming
- TiCN – added C for toughness, low friction, very hard, coating used for punching and highly abrasive applications
- CrN/CrC– low friction coating with good adhesion, used for non-ferrous tooling, dry running ability for injection moulding parts.
- DLC– Diamond Like Carbon with a very low friction coeff. Only available as a coating on internationally manufactured parts
- Specialised Nitriding– Controlled process nitriding to match the process with your application
- Diffox – Specialised Nitriding + black surface oxide for improved corrosion resistance
- SCN – Sub Critical Nitriding of stainless steels done at a low temperature to not compromise corrosion resistance
- Boriding – Diffusion of Boron for very high surface hardness on mild steels, alloy steels and stainless steels
- Anodizing – Conventional anodizing for enhanced corrosion resistance and a great appearance, and hard anodizing for ultimate corrosion and wear resistance for Alu.
- Electroless Nickel – high phosphorous, excellent corrosion resistance, low friction and can be age hardened for good wear resistance.
- Electroless Nickel + Teflon – the added Teflon particles lowers friction and provides good release properties.
- Flash Chrome – a thin chrome layer 5 – 15 µm with good wear resistance and good corrosion resistance.
- Hard chrome – thicker chrome layers for wear resistance
- MLP – sealant for chrome plated parts for improved corrosion protection and lower friction
- Zinc Plating – general corrosion resistance for steels, pls enquire with us.
- Thermal Spray – selected coatings can be applied, pls enquire with us.
We also supply precision made tooling and parts to many industries. For more information, please follow this link: Manufacturing
Erasteel High Speed and Powder Metallurgical Steels
We are proud to announce that premium grade high speed steels and ASP powder metallurgical (PM) high speed steels from Erasteel of France, are now available through TD Coating Centre. We have had a long association with Erasteel, specifying the use of its ASP range of PM steels for our toughest manufacturing applications. Read More…